The Player Networking Event (PNE) was established in 2000 as a pilot program under the National Football League’s (NFL) Player and Employee Development Department (now known as Player Engagement) while Guy Troupe worked as the department’s senior director. The six-hour event, which typically takes place the Saturday before Super Bowl Sunday, was created to provide active and former NFL players with exposure to corporations committed to (or interested in) providing players with work experiences through the NFL’s Career Transition Program. In 2003, the NFL provided Troupe21 & Associates with exclusive ownership rights of PNE and access to various NFL assets to produce the event. Historically, PNE has targeted sponsors and partners interested in marketing appearances, shadowing experiences, internships, employment, vendor supplier, franchising and investment opportunities to active and former NFL players. In 2011, PNE expanded its focus to support players interested in using the platform to launch and promote their business interests. Over 1,500 active and former NFL players have benefited from the PNE since inception.
The 18th Annual PNE at the Super Bowl is a networking experience for active and former NFL players, approximately 40 vendors and 300 corporate guests scheduled to take place Saturday, February 3, 2018.
PNE’s social media strategy is designed to connect, engage and inform high school, college, active NFL, and former professional football players about the PNE Mentor Network, which consist of approximately 1,100 former NFL players. Our PTSD Strategy involves posting, streaming, texting and downloading event-related information to create a virtual and “forever green” learning environment for players in need of career transition resources and support. This approach includes a fan engagement strategy that helps our partners and sponsors connect with targeted customers.
- To compliment the career transition efforts of the NFL and NFL Players Association.
- To support active and former NFL players by assisting them with networking, employment contacts, and exposure to post-football career opportunities.
- To identify and invite trusted professionals into the PNE network for the primary purpose of mentoring active and former NFL players.
- To recruit corporations interested in structuring career learning opportunities for active and former NFL players (e.g. shadowing, internships, management trainee, employment, etc.).
- To help active and former NFL players create realistic career transition goals.
- To advance a brand marketing strategy that highlights active and former NFL players that have demonstrated success in business and employment.
- To establish a nationally recognized brand PTSD Football utilizing digital and social media.
- To support the growth and expansion of PNE’s Career Transition Program—Big Shoulders—a 501 (c) 3 initiative administered by BEES, Incorporated.
- To launch our online Business of Sport Football Series to football players throughout America.
- To increase our current social media reach by 30%.
-PNE has worked in partnership with the NFL, NFLPA & NFL Alumni for 15 years.
-PNE has identified, promoted and trained successfully transitioned former NFL players.
-PNE provides career transition support for active & former players who attend the event.
-PNE programming helps to normalize the challenges of career transition.
-PNE provides career education, coaching, and mentorship for players.
-PNE exposes players to a corporate environment (versus party environment).
-PNE facilitates player-to-player, business-to-business and player-to-business interaction.
-PNE models off-the-field professionalism for active and former NFL players.
-PNE helps players scheduling shadowing, internship, and employment opportunities.
-PNE provides positive public relations content for the NFL.
-PNE serves as a viable corporate entertainment option for event partners and sponsors.
Our sponsorship activation incorporates high school, college, professional and retired athletes into our overall strategy. We execute traditional event planning functions while offering clients multiple activation opportunities (e.g. public relations and communications, brand strategy, contests and sweepstakes, hospitality, strategic alignment, social media engagement, traditional advertising, online promotions, on-site sampling, business to business campaigns, promotional opportunities, target marketing, digital and interactive media). Each of which can be customized to meet your organization’s activation strategy. PNE sponsorships may also include vendor space, event invitations, lodging, NFL Experience and Super Bowl tickets. Interested sponsors must provide the following by sending an email to email@example.com: (1) company name, (2) state of incorporation, (3) mailing address, (4) phone number, and (5) the name and title for the primary contact person with sponsorship authority. Upon receipt, a PNE staff member will contact you directly to answer questions and attempt to customize a sponsorship package that best fits your company’s needs. [Note: All pre and post-PNE workshops are facilitated under the programmatic name—Big Shoulders—operated by PNE’s charitable beneficiary BEES, Incorporated, a 501 (c) 3 private foundation; tax ID number 73-1444898.]